File Management Instructional Videos
This page contains video demonstrations of how to perform certain file management tasks, such as cut, copy, and paste. Additionally, the videos show how to switch amongst the different Views available in Windows Explorer. All videos were created with the free Open Source tool Wink.
Windows XP and Vista
Most of the videos were taken using Windows XP. Since the vast majority of the tasks demonstrated work identically in XP and Vista, I recommend that you watch the XP videos even if you are using VIsta. There are two videos that are Vista-specific that highlight the differences that exists between the to Operating Systems.
Windows XP Videos (with Concepts that Apply to Vista)
- Creating a Folder Using the Edit Menu
- Create a Folder Using a Right-Click Context Menu
- Detailed Example of Creating Folders and Subfolders
- Using Cut, Copy, and Paste to Organize Files
- Renaming a Folder
- Using the File Management Features of the Save As Dialog box in Word 2007
Windows Vista-Specific Videos
- Windows Vista and the Home Folder
- Windows Vista and File Management Features of the Save As Dialog box in Word 2007